Customized Contact Lenses
No two fingerprints are identical and the same is true for your eyes, especially the cornea (the clear tissue that a contact lens sits upon). Each cornea has its own distinct shape and texture, just like a fingerprint. So it makes sense that a contact lens should mirror the cornea.
We design and fit Wave Contact Lenses which are custom designed from your corneal “fingerprint”. Wave’s special video camera and software digitally maps your cornea with thousands of numbers. We then use the map data and Wave’s special design software to create a custom lens that follows almost every tiny shape on your cornea. (Look at the astigmatism to the right.) In the width of a hair, there may be as many as 10 distinct curves on the back of the lens. With so many curves, Wave lenses offer unrivaled comfort and sharper optics. Many unsuccessful contact lens wearers are successful Wave lens users.
As a Wave trained doctor Dr. Warren is skilled and Certified to use Wave Contact Lens Design Software for contact lens patients requiring correction of near or distance vision, astigmatism, combined reading and distance vision, keratoconus and post surgical corrections.
Doctor Warren also uses Wave Software to create custom Orthokeratology lenses, a non-surgical vision correction procedure.
Wave’s Custom Designed Lenses differ greatly from plain “mass produced” lenses. Dr. Warren will specify the lens diameter and thickness for comfort and adjust the position of the optics for best visual performance. In all there are 26 different adjustments, offering infinite design possibilities.
Wave Designs are available in:
- Single Vision: For distance vision until your mid forties when bifocals are usually necessary for up close activities like reading.
- Bifocal: Simultaneous distance and near vision without reading glasses. Your doctor adjusts the Wave design to match your pupil for maximum near and far vision performance.
- Astigmatism: Wave designs a custom lens that duplicates your astigmatism’s (football) shape. The fit is unsurpassed. Other lenses offer a “get as close as we can” approach.
- Keratoconus & Post Refractive: Most challenging and most in need of Wave’s custom “match the cornea” design philosophy.
- Orthokeratology: A non-surgical, temporary vision correction procedure that allows most “Ortho K” users to go all day without lenses or glasses. Custom lenses gently reshape the cornea while you sleep. Ask your doctor about Wave’ designed Orthokeratology lenses.
- Why wear ‘off the shelf’ contact lenses? Your eyes deserve better.
WHY IS WAVE BETTER?
Wave lenses know exactly how the central and peripheral cornea are shaped. The fit follows the shape leading to a better, more comfortable lens.
Typical lenses do not follow the exact shape of the cornea, especially out in the periphery (round insert). A poor peripheral fit can result in blink discomfort.